Elisa Assays

Cynomolgus Macaque (Macaca fascicularis) IgA

Catalog No.: 53424

Turnaround Time: 3-5 Days

Cross-reactivity: Human; does NOT cross react with Bovine or Porcine
Method: Enzyme-linked Immunosorbant Assay (ELISA)


  • Sensitivity = 0.3 mg/mL
  • Intra-assay CV = 5.8%
  • Inter-assay CV = 7.3%
  • Analytical Range = 0.3 – 12.5 mg/mL
  • Recovery Studies = 97.7%

Reference Ranges:

  • Male = 0.9 – 8.1 mg/mL
  • Female = 0.3 – 8.2 mg/mL
  • General Population = 0.3 – 8.2 mg/mL

Application: The IgA quantitation provides the level of IgA present in a given volume of cynomolgus serum or plasma. This assay is currently only available for cynomolgus macaques. To request validation in another species, please contact us via phone or email, or submit an online inquiry.

Sample Requirements: Please submit a minimum of 0.5mL of frozen sample. For accurate results sample must remain frozen throughout transit. Contact Xeno Diagnostics for further information on alternative sample sizes.

Stability: 98.6% through 3 freeze/thaw cycles, store at -20°C for up to 1 year

View Cynomolgus Macaque IgA Quantification Tech Spec Sheet (Printable Version)

Background: Monomeric IgA is approximately 160 kDa while dimeric IgA is approximately 400 kDa. The IgA1 subclass makes up about 93% of the total IgA with the IgA2 comprising the remaining 7%. Monomeric IgA exists primarily in the serum while dimeric IgA predominates in secretions such as tears, sweat, and mucosal linings. IgA serves as an important defense immunoglobulin in the lungs and gastrointestinal tract.